Participate in the UPcycle Challenge Fundraiser
Make a difference in Camrose community and participate in our UPcycle challenge fundraiser. Here is how it works.
- You take items home from ReStore at anytime throughout the year for free, you just have to fill out an entry form.
- Once you have the item at home, you tinker and transform the item to be better then before.
- Return the Item to ReStore in the first week of March.
- Customer’s at the ReStore vote for the best project, and place bid’s to purchase fundraiser projects till the end of March.
- At the end of March votes are tallied and the Giant ReStore Relaxation Cup is awarded to the most liked project
- As a thank you for all UPcycle participants hard work Habitat sends out donation receipts for the final silent auction value of the item you created.
The purpose of the contest is to fund raise money to put towards building homes for Habitat for Humanity. By trying something new you will help families build strength, stability and self reliance through affordable home ownership here in Camrose.
Purchase an UPcycle Challenge Project.
When purchasing a project you make a difference, If there is a particular item you would like to see made, print off a picture and submit it into our upcycle project idea box (preferably with max dimensions included). Sometimes our UPcycle participants are looking for great ideas to try, Maybe you will get lucky and get your dream item made!
There is a silent auction of all UPcycle projects starting the second week of March with bid’s closing on the last Business day in March. Come in an check out these unique items in March that you will not see anywhere else.
Every year Habitat for Humanity uses the ReStore warehouse to paint baseboards and trim for the homes we build in Camrose. SO we must clear out space in our Warehouse!
For one week everything in our back yard and warehouse is 50% off, and anything purchased must be removed by the end of the sale. Come prepared to get great deals on used items. You never know what we will have stored in our warehouse as it’s always changing. Generally there are some used cabinets, doors, windows and anything else we might have got donated throughout the year.
In 2017 the sale runs from April 25th to 29th.
We have a special celebration this spring!
When one family is able to move on, we serve another with the home.
Join us, next Friday, April 28th, as we welcome another Partner Family into an existing Habitat home.
Partner Family Brenna, with her children, Chenel, Hailey, and Kaydence
Friday, April 28th, 2017
7008 – 50 Ave Camrose
Cascades subdividion North or Safeway
4:00 – 4:30 pm
Short Presentation and presentation of keys to the Partner Family
Please R.S.V.P. to email@example.com or 403.651.6142
Better, affordable living conditions lead to improved health, stronger childhood development, and the ability – and financial flexibility – to make forward-looking choices.
Through shelter, we empower.
Congratulations to Chris, who created a magnificent and unique table out of bi-fold doors. Her work was voted best project in 2017, and she has earned a spot on the ReStore Cup. Chris helped a family gain strength, stability and independence through the sale of her project. Will you take the UPcycle Fund-raising challenge and make a difference in families lives? We certainly hope you will. The Challenge has already started for 2018, come in and find something to upcycle for Habitat for Humanity Today
National Volunteer Week 2017
Habitat Volunteer Appreciation BBQ
Where: ReStore 5007 – 46 St
When: Thursday, April 27th, 2017
11:30 am – 1:30 pm
Friends and family welcome
Thank you to all our spectacular, unique, and talented volunteers who make this place run.
YOU make Habitat what it is in Camrose.
YOU all bring something unique to what makes us a family.
YOU help people in your community.
YOU make this community and Habitat better by being involved.
Everybody can be great. Because anybody can serve.
You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.
~Martin Luther King~
We love making fundraising fun. And apparently, YOU LOVE HAVING FUN!
Thank you to everyone that made this tournament a success for the second year in a row.
So many people and businesses come together to make this event happen. You know we couldn’t do it without you, so THANK YOU!!
Each of you make it possible for families in your community to partner with Habitat to build strength, stability and self-reliance for their families through affordable homeownership.
You can see more pictures from the day on our facebook page.
Here’s the results of our day of fun….
- Total of 14 teams with 51 golfers
- 54 businesses involved
Total raised through donations, sponsorships, and registrations: $12, 354 Woop Woop!!
Now for the Prizes!:
- Low Score (1st Place): The Hawks 48 (Golf lessons for 4 from Bill Penney Golf Services – Camrose Golf Course; 4 Lunch for 2 gift certificates from Stockmen’s Chophouse)
- High Score: Lost Souls 111 (set of 4 Tim Horton’s mittens)
- Best Costumes: Thug Life (4 gift certificates for classes from Marmies Empty Nest)
- Best Decorated Vehicle: Lumberjacks (Wheel Alignment from Fountain Tire; 4 bottles of wine from Harley’s Liquor)
- Craziest Club: axe bearer from team Lumberjacks (handcrafted toque from Leah & Stitch; gift basket from Vinesations)
- Best shot: Darren Dunnigan from team Double Trouble (Starbucks gift basket)
- Funniest Shot: from team Thug Life (2 bottles of wine from Harleys Liquor; glass coffee mug set & golf balls from Camrose Police Service)
- Best Tweeter: Sarah Walkey from team The Puddle Jumpers (wool blanket from Studio 49 Home & Design)
- Oldest Golfer: Mike Dunnigan from team Double Trouble (overnight stay gift certificate from Ferintosh Manor B&B)
- Person from Farthest Away: Lucas Hofer from Lethbridge, with team The Hawks (G.P.S.; Epicure gift basket)
- Long Putt Contest: Brett McCarroll from team Beauty & the Beasts (18 holes at Clubhouse Virtual Golf; clay pot from Pampered Chef)
- Long Drive Contest: Jesse Schellenberg (18 holes at Clubhouse Virtual Golf; set of measuring cups from Pampered Chef)
- 50/50 Draw #1: MONAT gift basket
- 50/50 Draw #2: Vacuum from The Soap Stop ~ Denise Hawkins
- 50/50 Cash Draw: $605 Dan & Monica MacPherson (donated back to Habitat! :) )
Once again, please show these sponsors that you appreciate them by shopping local:
CIBC Dairy Queen Club House Virtual Golf Icon Safety Consulting Midas Royal LePage The Brick The Escape Squad Tim Horton’s West End Storage
LONG PUTT SPONSOR (matching funds raised): Scotia Bank
DRINK SPONSOR: Starbucks
Arbonne Canadad – Kelsey Magee, Independent Consultant;
Battle River Recreation Repair and Auto; Bill Penney Golf Service/Camrose Golf Course; Bra Necessities;
98.1 Cam FM; Camrose Motor Sports; Camrose Police Service; Cindy Olesen – MONAT Canada Official; Community Home Directory;
Ferintosh Manor B&B; Florence McMahon; Fountain Tire;
Gold Canyon – Penny Goulding;
Harley’s Liquor Store; High Gloss Homemakers;
Iconic Inspirations; Inland Heidelberg Cement Group;
Jeanne & Peter Lougheed Performing Arts Centre;
Leah & Stitch;
Marilou’s Pampered Chef; Marmie’s Empty Nest; MONAT;
Patti Campbell; Peaches n’ Cream;
Rebecca’s Bistro & Sweet Treats; Rosebush Lodge Bed & Breakfast;
Steeped Tea; Stockmen’s Chophouse; Studio 49 Home & Design; Sunset Gourmet Foods;
Tara K Studios; The Soap Stop; The Video Store Camrose; Therapeutic Lifestyles Essentials; Tupperware; Twig Boutique
Vinesation Olive Oils & Vinegars Tasting Room
If you see any changes or updates we need to make please let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for the
3rd Annual PUTT UP A HOUSE Charity Snow Golf Tournament
presented by CAMROSE ENERGY.
This tournament is all about fun.
So put on a costume, grab a club of any sort, and help to PUTT UP A HOUSE for families in your community!
It is a fun event perfect for your group of friends, your family, service club, or company team building day.
Check out this video to see more of what snow golf is all about.
Saturday, February 24th, 2018
Registration 12:00 – 1:00pm at Camrose ReStore
Golfing 1:00 – 4:30pm
Banquet & Awards 5:00pm at Norsemen Inn
Long Putt Contest Silent Auction
Silent Donation 50/50’s
Mobile Escape Room (provided by Escape Squad)
Here’s what’s happening this year with PRIZES, PRIZES PRIZES!
- More prizes for Hole Hosts: Best Costumes, Most Creative, Mr/Mrs Personality
- Golfing prizes: Most Honest (highest score), Low Score, Best Costumes, Best Decorated Car, Craziest Club, Best Facebooker, Person from Farthest Away, Youngest Golfer, Oldest Golfer
- New chances for prizes: Hole-in-One Hole, Long Drive Hole, Early Bird Registration Draw
Sign Up Today!
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION ~ Register by Wednesday, Feb 14th, and be entered to win an early bird draw!
For Registration forms, waiver, and tournament rules, click here.
Registrations can be dropped of at Habitat Camrose 5007 – 46 St Camrose.
For more information email Brenda at email@example.com
Still confused? Here’s what Snow Golf in Camrose is all about…
It’s different. It’s fun. What a great way to spend some time outside with your friends in this winter!
Snow Golf is a sport based on golf but played over snow instead of grass. The holes for this event are located in strategic areas around the City of Camrose. Using a golf club and a soft foam ball, teams of four tee off at designated spots and keep score just like on the golf course. To get from hole to hole, your golf cart is your car.
The day ends up with a Banquet and Awards Ceremony, with Silent Auction, Silent Donation, 50/50’s, Mobile Escape Room, at Norsemen Inn.
WE WANT TO THANK OUR 2018 SPONSORS
Show them your support by drinking, eating and shopping local! “One Less Trip!”
TITLE SPONSOR: Camrose Energy
LONG PUTT SPONSOR (matching funds raised): Scotia Bank
DRINK SPONSOR: Starbucks
Angie’s Hair Care
Bobbi Jo Grover
Therapeutic Lifestyles; Thirty One Gifts
Wendy Fothergil; Windsor Plywood
Young Living Oils
Hello University and College students. Are you returning to school in fall 2017 and need a summer job? Habitat for Humanity ReStore is looking for a Donation Procurement Associate! You will be a crucial part of our fundraising, interacting with donors, picking up donations of items throughout the Camrose region. In this roll you are responsible for providing our supporters with a great donation experience, thanking them and telling them about Habitat. We help families gain strength, stability and self reliance through affordable home ownership.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Going back to school full time in Fall 2017
- physically fit and able to lift at least 50 pounds regularly throughout the day
Swing by for a chat at the Camrose ReStore Tuesday to Saturday 10 am till 5:30 pm.
The job is full time Tuesday to Saturday @ $18 hour for the duration of the summer starting in May. Come check out Habitat for Humanity and earn a great reference on your resume.
Application Deadline is March 17th
Donors, volunteers, significant others, friends, and general public are all welcome to come and enjoy this relaxing way to start off your weekend!
Join us for a short evening to meet this year’s Partner Families and celebrate with us as another family moves on from their Habitat home.
Have any questions about Habitat? This is a chance to ask. You will also have the opportunity to hear what Habitat Camrose is doing in the coming year to build strength, stability and self-reliance for families in your community.